Beck Aides Try To Debunk Diet Coke Dangers.
Glenn Beck Going Blind From Free
Methyl Alcohol In Aspartame
By Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum
- It's hard to believe after three decades of controversy on aspartame
(NutraSweet/Equal/AminoSweet/E951/Benevia/Canderel/Spoonful, etc.) anyone
would even question the fact that aspartame is a chemical poison.
- In reality, it is an addictive, excitoneurotoxic, carcinogenic,
genetically-engineered drug and adjuvant that damages the mitochondria and
interacts with drugs and vaccines.
- The medical text, Aspartame Disease: An Ignored Epidemic,
by H. J. Roberts, M.D., is over 1000 pages of symptoms,
cancers, neurodegenerative diseases and other horrors triggered or
precipitated by this poison. It has a chapter on the eyes and how it
triggers eye diseases and blindness. In 1986 James Turner, Washington, D.C.
attorney and the Community Nutrition Institute petitioned the FDA to ban
aspartame because so many were going blind and having seizures.
- The movie being mentioned below is "Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World",
and tells the whole story of how a product
was so poisonous the FDA tried to have the manufacturer indicted for fraud
and revoked the petition for approval. That is until Donald Rumsfeld
stepped in, "called in his markers" and using political chicanery got a
deadly poison on the market. See the Aspartame Resource Guide below which
gives medical texts, detox and other necessary information along with the
whole story of how this happened.
- Beck's sidekicks need to do some homework and be more concerned about
the health of Glenn Beck. In 1999 I was on the Debra Duncan show in Texas
along with victims like Mary Reiff who was declared legally blind on
aspartame, Dr. Sandra Cabot, and Attorney Ed Johnson who worked in the
Justice Department before he suffered two aspartame brain tumors. Former
FDA Investigator Arthur Evangelista also was on the program and Ermelle
Martinez who would be a physician today if she hadn't gotten on aspartame
and was diagnosed with MS. She is fine today off the poison.
- The point is that Mary Reiff who suffered seizures and went blind on
aspartame regained her sight. Off this toxin her seizures stopped and her
vision returned. You see Dr. Morgan Raiford who tried to get aspartame
banned said if you can warn someone in time and vision is in the "wet stage"
and can return. The late Dr. Raiford was "the specialist" in methyl
toxicity and owner of the Atlanta Eye Hospital. To his dying day he tried
to have something done to prevent consumers from getting optic neuritis,
macular degeneration and even going blind.
- Some years ago "Return to Eden" a health food store and organic market
in Atlanta decided to help the effort. They produced a 16 page booklet
called "Killer Kola" and gave them out free by the thousands. About 60 days
later the owner, Wendy, called and said, "You're just not going to believe
what is going on down here. They call, fax and come in by the thousands.
Some of them got off aspartame just because the reports were so damning,
they had been going to physicians for years but nobody could help them. Off
aspartame, they simply one morning "woke up well" - their medical problems
- I told Wendy, I knew what was going on because though my address was not
in the brochure or phone number I opened the door one morning and a woman
fell in my arms. Tears were in her eyes and she said, "I was blind and now
I can see". Many crippled with fibromyalgia could walk again, the blind
could see and MS victims were walking out of wheelchairs off aspartame, just
like Cori Brackett who produced "Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World". This is
why the aspartame manufacturers will do anything to prevent aspartame from
being removed. Can you imagine medical problems disappearing in people all
over the world? Be assured they would know what poisoned them.
- Another thing happened at Return to Eden, a physician came and said,
"Dr. Morgan Raiford before he died said if anyone ever seriously does
anything to expose aspartame make sure they get these records." So I found
out that people could regain their sight if we could just warn them in time.
- I've been taking the cases of the sick and dying on aspartame for 19
years to alert the public and warn them in time so they can live. Mission
Possible International is funded by my husband's checkbook. At the time I
got on the Internet there were no web sites alerting the public except for
Mark Gold's outstanding, Aspartame Toxicity Center,
The first web site with expert's reports
and government records otherwise was set up by Dave Rietz and myself for
- Today, I have a personal web site, Mission Possible World Health
International, www.mpwhi.com Dave Rietz unfortunately lost his life to
aspartame several years ago, but his daughter, Tanya continues this site in
his memory. His last words to me was "help this woman with aspartame lupus
before it kills her". Much of the old records thanks to the research of
Lane Shore, Mission Possible Chicago, have been added to www.mwhi.com Lane
Shore has lost 8 members of his family from aspartame.
- Aspartame is no conspiracy theory - it is the crime of the century, and
as Dr. James Bowen told the FDA years ago, this is mass poisoning of the
American public and more than 70+ countries of the world. Indeed, it will
blind you. The free methyl alcohol goes right into the blood stream. It
also converts to formaldehyde and formic acid in the retina of the eye and
destroys the optic nerve.
- Someone from the National Federation of the Blind of Hawaii contacted me
at the time we were trying to get aspartame banned in Hawaii. I took the
opportunity to give her much information about aspartame and blindness and
you will note the words of ophthalmologist, Dr. Morgan Raiford, who gave
hope to those who lost their vision and knew if warned in time could have it
restored. Don't you think Glenn Beck deserves that chance, sidekicks, Pat
Gray and Stu Burguiere. There is no safe dose of aspartame, its a
cumulative poison. Just recently a woman by the name of Linda Wooster
called who had talked to me sometime ago when her five year old went blind
on aspartame. She was so pleased because today it has returned with his
abstaining and his other problems have disappeared as well.
- Even Dr. Ralph Walton did a study on aspartame. Because it was
independent and couldn't be controlled by the aspartame industry, Monsanto
refused to sell him the aspartame. He got the pure stuff but even under the
ADI, the administrator of the hospital who took part in the study lost his
vision in one eye. Here is another case a homeopath treated. It never
ends, people continue to go blind from aspartame.
- It is my suggestion that everyone reading this report try to get it to
Glenn Beck. Also, everyone should send the report to their own
ophthalmologist who can save thousands.
- So read on for the words of Dr. Morgan Raiford, who incidentally
diagnosed Joyce Wilson who went blind and died from aspartame, and at the
end you will see the Aspartame Resource Guide.
- All my best,
- Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum, Founder
- Mission Possible International
- 9270 River Club Parkway
- Duluth, Georgia 30097
- 770 242-2599
- NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF HAWAII - ASPARTAME AND VISION
- By Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum.
- Mission Possible International
- 9270 River Club Parkway
- Duluth, Georgia 30097
- Posted: 31 December 2008
- From: Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum.,
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 18:18:10 -0500
- Subject: National Federation of the Blind of Hawaii - Aspartame and
- Dear Ronalene,
- I've notified the webmaster to take care of the issue you mentioned
- I'm particularly happy that you wrote because it gives me the
opportunity to explain the effect of NutraSweet on vision. You're in a
position to help a lot of people regain their sight if they are using
aspartame (Equal/Spoonful/NutraSweet/E951/Canderel, etc.).
- You may remember that during prohibition thousands went blind or died on
wood alcohol. This is what is in aspartame. It's a methyl ester which
immediately becomes methanol or wood alcohol, and then converts to
formaldehyde and formic acid in the retina of the eye and destroys the optic
nerve. The medical text, Aspartame Disease: An Ignored Epidemic by H. J.
Roberts, M.D., <
has a chapter on the eyes and goes
through the many eye problems triggered by this deadly excitoneurotoxin from
optic neuritis to macular degeneration to blindness.
- On the show you may remember I spoke about an organic market that
decided to help the effort by giving out thousands and thousands of free 16
page booklets titled "Killer Kola". At least 2000 people a day shopped there
and a booklet was added to each bag. Some people came in and got handfuls of
them. A couple of months later I opened the door and a woman fell in my arms
crying "I was blind and now I can see." I didn't even have my address in the
magazine. The owner called that day and said, "You're not going to believe
what is going on down here. People are coming in by the thousands, calling
and faxing, that they got off aspartame after reading the magazine and have
woken up well from medical problems they had for years. Many had gone to
physicians who couldn't diagnose their problems."
- I went down to their establishment and the owner's wife handed me a
stack of papers and said: "Someone came in and said to give these to you.
Dr. Morgan Raiford before he died said if anyone actually does something to
get aspartame off the market see that they receive these." Dr. Morgan
Raiford was an ophthalmologist in Atlanta and "the specialist in methanol
toxicity". He owned the Atlanta Eye Hospital which is still here under a
different name. He died some years ago. In one of his papers he mentioned
that if vision was in the "wet stage" it can return if the victim is warned
in time. Over the years I've seen so many regain their sight because we got
to them in time. In fact, I was on a TV Talk Show in Texas with Mary Reiff,
an aspartame victim. She was using aspartame and having seizures. One day
because of the seizures she wrecked her car and ended up in the hospital.
Eventually she was declared legally blind. Off aspartame the seizures
stopped. I had her on the show about a year later and her vision had been
- Joyce Wilson is another woman who went blind on aspartame, suffered
methanol toxicity, diagnosed with MS and eventually died like an Alzheimer's
victim. It was simply too late for her. In fact, I inherited her records.
She was Aspartame Victims and Their Friends of Georgia. This is why I have
spent 17 years warning the world. It's so important to warn aspartame
victims in time to save them.
- Here are a couple of Dr. Morgan Raiford's records:
- FACTS ABOUT ASPARTAME
- May 20, 1987
- The above product is also manufactured as NutraSweet. This pharmological
spin-off is as highly profitable item, with a growing market. These products
are used as a sweetener, some 200 times as sweet as regular cane sugar.
- This product has some highly toxic reactions in the human visual pathway
and we are beginning to observe the tragic damage to the OPTIC NERVE, such
as blindness, partial to total OPTIC NERVE ATROPHY. Once this destructive
process has developed there is no return of visual restoration. We are
beginning to see and observe another toxic reaction, which affects the
central nervous system which is related to PHENYLALANINE LEVELS IN THE
CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM. These observations are more vague, however, it
stimulates the damaging to the brain and the central nervous system, having
the manifestations as PKU NEURO DAMAGE. Over 3000 cases have been reported
and the FDA to date has ignored this existence.
- HUMAN VISUAL PATHWAY DAMAGE
- The human visual pathway admits ninety percent of our intellectual input
to the brain and central nervous system. All of the learning processes are
centered during ones life time. The mechanism of this tragic damage to the
human visual system from this product is and has been known for over a
decade that visual loss takes place. When this drug enters the digestive
tract, largely the upper portion, this ASPARTAME molecule spins off a by
product known as METHANOL or METHYL-ALCOHOL. This product enters the blood
stream and when these portions reach the highly metabolic region of the
OPTIC NERVE AND RETINA, PARTIAL ATROPHY CAN AND DOES TAKE PLACE. The vision
can not do without oxygen and nutrition for more than ninety seconds without
revealing some damage. Total loss of vision is present and there is no
return. In the very early stages in which is referred to as the "wet stage",
treatment can be given and will reserve the destructive pathology to the
OPTIC NERVE and RETINA. This must be in the mind of the physician and he
must understand the chemical ongoing process. The writer has seen many cases
where the patent was allowed to go to the degrees of blindness, as this
diagnosis of OPTIC NEURITIS was rendered, as the term IDIOPATHIC NEURITIS OF
OPTIC NERVE was given, usually steroids until systemic gross body and facial
- This therapy has demonstrated the total lack of understanding of the
basic lack of BIO-CHEMICAL PHYSIOLOGY AT THE MOLECULAR LEVEL.
- The variability or onset of the OPTIC NERVE ATROPHY is of a type that
one must first think of this pathology, and it requires a certain amount of
listening to the patient. The quantity of symptoms vary with each patient.
- Over the past year the writer has observed the fact that any portion of
the central nervous system can and is affected. Since the chemical
PHENYLALANINE is mixed up with some metabolic mess, we have seen symptoms of
varying hue in the extremities, sensations of dullness of the intellect,
visual shadows, evidence of word structure reversing and somehearing
impairment is noted by the individual. This can and will in time cause
problems in learning. The medical community must alert itself that we have a
problem that has surfaced due to the factor of the drug industry. Parents
must be alerted to the side reactions of this toxic product and its
- Morgan B. Raiford, M.D. D.Sc (Med) OPHTHALMOLOGY
- Article 2:
- Letter to Shannon Roth dated 10/10/86 which further explains vision
problems due to aspartame:
- "Dear Shannon:
- The first time that I had the opportunity to see the effects of methyl
alcohol toxicity was in the years 1952-1953 that resulted visual damage to
the optic nerves and retina in over 300 cases and death of over 30 persons.
- In the cases of the use of Aspartame the loss of vision varied, first
affection to the optic nerve fibers from loss of vision and atrophy of the
optic nerve fibers. The central fibers (225,000) of the total (137,000,000)
optic nerve fibers resulted in partial the extent of total blindness. (see
enclosed paper on the Macula physiology, a paper that I presented in
Houston, Texas, and Outline of the Macula function.) The macula area of the
retina and optic nerve fibers are highly reactive to the toxicity of methyl
alcohol because of these fibers and nerve cells require from four to six
times as much oxygen and nutrition and the visual pathways peripheral
nerves. These fibers and nerves (Tods and Cones) can not go without oxygen
for more than 90 seconds without some visual loss. Aspartame is broken down
by the upper portion of the digestive tract and methyl alcohol is then
absorbed into the blood vessels of the region which travels through the
bodies entire vascular system. This toxic effect causes extensive damage to
the highly demanding metabolic requirements of the human visual pathway,
ending with optic nerve atrophy as well as retinal starvation and visual
- The intensity of these toxic effects from the methyl alcohol spin-off
causes impaired nerve damage that varies with intensity as to the amount of
methyl alcohol the individual absorbs.
- Beyond the extensive visual damage that aspartame can and does create,
other organ systems are affected. Nerve damage to the arms, legs, central
nerve impairment, resulting in impaired nerve function as well as neurosis
and learning difficulties in school work as well as behavior(metabolic short
circuits of the nerve/brain/visual cells)
- The pressure put upon the Federal Drug Administration are well known.
The Searle people are more interested in their greed factor of profits.
- I have been told that this toxic methyl alcohol of aspartame has a
market value of over $45,000,000. The human factor is being ignored and the
moral is not presented.
- This product Aspartame should be withdrawn from the market place and not
for human use until the TOXIC METHYL ALCOHOL radical has been eliminated.
Methyl alcohol has no place in a product, whole or in part, to be allowed to
be produced by any manufacturer for human usage.
- Sincerely, Morgan B. Raiford, M.D., D.Sc. (Med) Ophth
- Here is another article you can read: "What's Blinding The World":
- In l986 the Community Nutrition Institute in Washington, D.C. petitioned
to have aspartame banned because so many people were going blind and having
seizures. Here is an article from the Chicago Sun Times:
- Subject: NUTRASWEET/BLINDNESS, Chi-Sun Times
- CHICAGO SUN-TIMES, Friday, October 17, 1986
- Consumer group links NutraSweet to blindness
- By William Hines
- Chief, Washington Bureau
- Chicago Sun-Times
- Ban artificial sweetener, FDA is urged
- WASHINGTON - Charging that aspartame - the widely used artificial
sweetener marketed as NutraSweet - causes blindness, a consumer group
yesterday petitioned the Food and Drug Administration to ban it.
- The petition was another step in a long and so far fruitless campaign by
the Washington based Community Nutrition Institute against aspartame, which
also is sold in stores under the name Equal.
- Three women who said their eyesight was seriously damaged or destroyed
joined in the citizens' petition to the FDA, which they asked "to
expeditiously remove [the] product from the market without an administrative
- At a press conference called by the institute to announce this
imminent-hazard petition, two of the women told of heavy use of
aspartame-sweetened products and said their doctors had advised them the
sugar substitute was the cause of their sight loss.
- The NutraSweet Co., of Skokie, Ill., a subsidiary of Searle & Co.,
brushed off the institute's complaint as "simply another round in their
repeated efforts to gain publicity for their thoroughly discredited views on
- A Washington-based group called the International Food Information
Council said through its executive director, Thomas E. Stenzel, the
allegations "that aspartame causes various side effects are not based on any
scientific data or controlled clinical studies."
- James S. Turner, a Washington lawyer representing the Community
Nutrition Institute in the petition, said the eye damage to the women named
in the complaint was "a direct, causally related event to their consumption
- Both heavy users
- Both women, Dana Cozad of St. Petersburg, Fla., and Joyce Wilson of
Stockbridge, Ga., described themselves as heavy users of the sweetener.
- Wilson, a real estate agent, said she no longer can take sales prospects
to see property because her vision does not permit her to drive.
- "It has cost me a lot, and I really want the public to know what a
dangerous product it is," Wilson said.
- Cozad said that vision loss struck her suddenly in the right eye while
she was driving home and that lengthy surgery and other sight- saving
- She said vision is gone in that eye, and - after she has spent 13 months
on an aspartame-free diet - the condition of the left eye "remains
- Both women said their physicians had ruled out causes other than
aspartame for their sight loss.
- Methyl alcohol blamed
- Dr. H. J. Roberts of West Palm Beach, Fla., said methyl alcohol is a
component of aspartame and is responsible for vision damage, which he termed
"the most serious complication" of those arising from aspartame use.
- Aspartame, which is described as a "natural" product, contains two amino
acids, phenylalanine and aspartic acid, which are components of protein.
Under certain storage conditions, the sweetener breaks down in part and
methyl alcohol is a byproduct.
- Roberts said the visual reaction to methyl alcohol in heavy users of
aspartame is the same as in drinkers of moonshine whiskey in Prohibition
days: "They go blind."
- Of 360 patients he has diagnosed as having aspartame-related problems,
Roberts said, about one-fourth had decreased vision or blindness, nearly
half had severe headaches and substantial numbers had epileptic seizures,
confusion or memory loss, extreme depression and marked personality change.
- At FDA headquarters in Rockville, Md., spokesman William Grigg said the
petition had been received but not yet studied.
- Grigg recalled that Turner filed several interventions against aspartame
in the past, none of which received favorable FDA action.
- I'm sure the National Federation of the Blind have publications and if
you could get the information far and wide a lot of people could regain
their site. Unfortunately, aspartame is pushed on diabetics so when they
lose their vision their physicians believe its due to diabetes when, in
fact, its due to NutraSweet. In fact, aspartame actually can precipitate
diabetes, simulates and aggravates diabetic retinopathy and neuropathy,
destroys the optic nerve, causes diabetics to go into convulsions and even
interacts with insulin. Diabetics are losing their limbs because of the free
The aspartame industry uses ludicrous excuses for the free methyl alcohol
like there is more methanol in oranges than in aspartame. What they don't
say is that in nature in fruits and vegetables methanol is always
accompanied by ethanol, the antidote for methanol toxicity. Here is the
journal article about it: Aspartame: Methanol and the Public Health by Dr.
Also, methanol binds to pectin in nature. Dr. Roberts has written many
letters to the FDA about the "free" and unbound methanol in aspartame and
they refuse to answer. Remember that the FDA gets over 50% of their funds
from Big Pharma. The IFIC mentioned in the Chicago article defending the
manufacturer is a notorious front group.
- Incidentally, it has been reported from an organization in Hawaii that
an informant from Pfizer said that Dilantin had been reformulated and
contains aspartame unlabeled. Dilantin is used for seizures and aspartame is
a seizure triggering drug. The information we have received is that people
in Hawaii are having more seizures on the drug and aspartame symptoms such
as vision problems and male sexual dysfunction.
- While the FDA is now simply Big Pharma's Washington Branch Office, it
wasn't always that way. The FDA themselves tried to have the original
manufacturer of Searle indicted for fraud but both US Prosecutors hired on
with the defense team and the statute of limitations expired. Then they
revoked the petition for approval. Don Rumsfeld was CEO of Searle and said
he would call in his markers and get it on the market anyway. He did this
through political chicanery and its discussed in the aspartame documentary,
Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World,
- Over 30 years ago, FDA toxicologist Dr. Jacqueline Verrett, who also
testified to Congress that aspartame has never been proven safe, wrote the
book Eating May Be Hazardous To Your Health: The Case Against Food
Additives. Even then she summed up by saying, "What can be done to restore
to consumers their right to safe food regardless of economic and political
interests? . . . Probably the best solution, as some members of Congress
have suggested, is to abolish the FDA and start over with a completely new
agency free of some of the political pressures. . . . When science and the
public interest win out, it is invariably only after the government has been
pushed to the wall by consumer advocates and other public pressure."
- The FDA is responsible for every case of blindness due to aspartame
because they know it blinds and refused to ban it when they were petitioned
to do so for that reason. When those responsible to solve the problem ARE
the PROBLEM, its a sad commentary. Dr. James Bowen told the FDA over 20
years ago: "..The only responsible action would be to immediately take
aspartame off the market, fully disclose its toxicities, offer full
compensation to the injured, public and criminally prosecute anyone who
participated in the fraudulent placement of aspartame on the marketplace."
Imagine the millions of people worldwide who suffer blindness or vision
impairments who could see again or improve their sight if they only knew to
get off aspartame!
- Thank you so much for calling in to the program and getting in touch. If
I can ever help please let me know. You have the ability to help in many
ways, publishing to get consumers off aspartame in time and regain their
sight, and working to get Hawaiian legislators to get involved , sponsor the
resolution and bill to ban aspartame, so the beautiful Hawaiian islands will
be free of this deadly addictive excitoneurotoxic carcinogenic drug. Your
organization can make a difference. I'll send you a list by separate email.
You can also make the aspartame documentary available to your organization,
to those who can see it, Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World,
<http://www.sunsentpress.com>http://www.sunsentpress.com because it tells
the whole story of how this poison got marketed for human consumption. For
those on aspartame, neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock, MD's detox program is
excellent books are listed on the bottom.
- For those needing a sweetener, there is a safe one called Just Like
Sugar, <http://www.justlikesugarinc.com>http://www.justlikesugarinc.com and
its available in Whole Foods in Hawaii. It's made of chicory which has been
used for 70 years to improve the health of diabetics, and orange peel,
Vitamin C and Calcium. Dr. Russell Blaylock wrote in his newsletter, The
Blaylock Wellness Report, "Finally a safe sweetener."
- All my best,
- Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum.
- Founder, Mission Possible World Health International
- 9270 River Club Parkway
- Duluth, Georgia 30097
- E-Mail: <mailto:BettyM19@mindspring.com>BettyM19@mindspring.com
- Aspartame Toxicity Center:
- -----Original Message-----
- From: R White, email@example.com
- Sent: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 6:16 pm
- Subject: MPWHI website
- Aloha! ;)
- Thanks for the great show! ;)
- I guess I communicate better in writing than on the air....
- Could you please forward this e-mail to the appropriate person? Thanks!
- Ronalene White
- Aloha! ;)
- Thanks for sharing all the great information about Aspertame on KIPO's
Town Square! ;)
- I was the caller who commented that there was an easy way to make the
MPWHI website accessible to blind & visually impaired visitors.
- Y'all have a lot of graphic links on the website. Please ask
yourwebmaster to add the text on the graphic to the image's "alt" attribute.
For example, if one of your graphic links is a "Contact Us" button, s/he
would add that text to the image's "alt" attribute. This text would appear
if someone moves their mouse over the graphic button, but it would also be
read by the text-to-speech screen readers used by many blind & visually
- This is a much easier fix than converting the graphic links to text
- Again, thank you for the great on-air info & I look forward to reading
your online info! ;)
- Ronalene White
- Anuenue Chapter Vice-President
- National Federation of the Blind of Hawaii