All the cases described below can be found in the book World Without Cancer by Edward Griffin 

The number of terminal patients who have been restored to health is most impressive. In fact, there are literally thousands of such case histories in the medical record. The American Cancer Society has tried to create the impression that the only ones who claim to have been saved by Laetrile are those who merely are hypochondriacs and who never really had cancer in the first place. But the record reveals quite a different story. All the cases described below can be found in the book "World Without Cancer" by G. Edward Griffin . Let's take a look at just a few examples:

DALE DANNER carcinoma of both lungs
WILLIAM SYKES Lymphocytic Leukemia plus cancer of the spleen and liver.

Mr. Edmunds of Pinole, California, was operated on in June of 1971 for cancer of the colon, which also had metastasized or spread to the bladder. When the surgeon opened him up, he found that the malignant tissue was so widespread it was almost impossible to remove it all. The blockage of the intestines was relieved by severing the colon and bringing the open end to the outside of his abdomen -- a procedure known as Colonostomy. Five months later, the cancer had worsened, and Mr. Edmunds was told that he had only a few more months to live.
Mr. Edmunds, who is a registered nurse, had heard about Laetrile and decided to give it a try. Six months later, instead of lying on his deathbed, Mr. Edmunds surprised his doctors by feeling well enough to resume an almost normal routine. An exploratory cystoscopy of the bladder revealed that the cancer had disappeared. At his own insistence, he was admitted to the hospital to see if his colon could be put back together again. In surgery, they found nothing even resembling cancer tissue. So they reconnected the colon and sent him home to recuperate. It was the first time in the history of the hospital that a reverse colostomy for this condition had been performed. At the time of the author's last contact three years later, Mr. Edmunds was living a normal life of health and vigor.


In Walnut Creek, California, Mrs. Joanne Wilkinson, mother of six, had a tumor removed from her left leg just below the thigh. Four months later there was a recurrence requiring additional surgery and the removal of muscle and bone. A year later, a painful lump in the groin appeared and began to drain. A biopsy revealed that her cancer had returned and was spreading. Her doctor told her that surgery would be necessary again, but this time they would have to amputate her leg at the hip, and probably the bladder and one of the kidneys as well. The plan was to open up her lungs first to see if cancer had located there. If it had, then they would not amputate, because there would be no chance of saving her anyway.

At the urging of her sister and of a mutual friend, Mrs. Wilkinson decided not to undergo surgery but to try Laetrile instead. Her doctor was greatly upset by this and told her that, if she did not have the surgery, she couldn't possibly live longer than twelve weeks. Mrs. Wilkinson describes in her own words:

"I will never forget that day! It was a Saturday and the stitches from the biopsy were still in the leg. Dr. Krebs gave me an injection of Laetrile and the tumor reacted. It got very large -- from walnut size to the size of a small lemon -- and there was bleeding for four or five days. I went back on Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week for five weeks to get injections, and the tumor then started getting smaller. Five weeks later I could no longer feel it. An X-ray was taken the first Monday, and regularly after that to watch the progress. Injections were continued for six months -- 10 cc's three times a week and of course the diet: No dairy products, nothing made with white flour, -- no eggs --but white fish, chicken, turkey.

I felt wonderful, and in fact, 9 months later, the doctor told me I needed no more injections. My X-rays were clear, showing that the tumor had shrunk, was apparently encased in scar tissue, and was not active."

The Author's last contact with Mrs. Wilkinson was nine years later after her doctor told her she couldn't possibly live longer than twelve weeks without surgery. She was living a healthy and productive life, and all that was left as a grim reminder of her narrow escape was a small scar from the biopsy.


Mr. Joe Botelho of San Pablo, California, underwent surgery (trans-urethral resection) and was told by his doctor that he had a prostate tumor that simply had to come out. His reaction?

"I didn't let them take it out because I figured that would only spread it. The doctor told me I wouldn't last too long. He wanted to give me cobalt, and I wouldn't agree to that either. At a health food store I heard about a doctor in San Francisco who used Laetrile. I went to see him, was told that the prostate was the size of a bar of soap. I got one injection every four days for several months."

Mr. Botelho, who was sixty five at the time, also maintained a strict diet designed specifically not to use up the body's pancreatic enzyme, trypsin. When the author interviewed him three years later, his tumor was gone, and he even reported that his hair was turning dark again. He was not sure what was causing that, but attributed it to his better eating habits.


Alicia Buttons, the wife of the famous actor-comedian Red Buttons, is among the thousands of Americans who attribute their lives to the action of Laetrile. Speaking before a Cancer convention in Los Angeles, Red Buttons declared:

"Laetrile saved Alicia from cancer. Doctors here in the U.S. gave her only a few months to live last November. But now she is alive and well, a beautiful and vital wife and mother, thanks to God and to those wonderful men who have the courage to stand up for their science."

Mrs. Buttons had been suffering from advanced cancer of the throat and was given up as terminal by practitioners of orthodox medicine. As a last resort, however, she went to West Germany to seek Laetrile(vitamin b-17) therapy from Dr. Hans Nieper of the Silbersee Hospital in Hanover. Within a few months her cancer had completely regressed, the pain had gone, her appetite had returned, and she was as healthy and strong as ever. Doctors in the United States verified the amazing recovery, but could not believe that a mere vitamin substance had been responsible. Alicia is still going strong twenty-three years later. Click here to see letter written and signed by Red Buttons.  


Miss Vencious' story, unfortunately , is not unique. She had begun to complain of feeling generally ill: night sweats, itching fever, and headaches. After extensive tests in the hospital she was told she had Hodgkins Disease (a form of cancer initially affecting the lymph nodes), Miss Vencious continued:

"Only a couple of days after that, a friend came to visit and told me about vitamin therapy in Mexico called Laetrile. I never followed up on his advise, I was too frightened. And, besides, at the time I had complete faith in my doctors...

The first thing they tried was cobalt radiation treatments. Soon after they began, my doctor told me, "Carol, of course you know this treatment will make you sterile." Hell no, I didn't know. Naturally I became pretty upset.... I went through menopause at the age of 28. "

Other "side effects" were indescribable pain, loss of appetite, and temporary loss of hair. Six months after the treatments, her lungs and heart cavity began to fill with fluid. They tried draining it with a hypodermic, but it continued to fill up. She was having minor heart attacks.

After six weeks and three heart-cavity taps, her physicians were still debating whether or not to remove the pericardium (the membrane enclosing the heart cavity). On November 28, 1970, it was removed. By July, general fatigue, sleeplessness, and loss of appetite had returned and for several months grew worse until it was decided to try drugs.

"The first injection left me with mild nausea. Two weeks later, I received two more injections which produced acute nausea and diarrhea followed by a week of intense pain in my jaw. It was so bad I couldn't eat. This was followed by a one-week migraine headache, followed by stomach cramps, followed by leg cramps. In all, the symptoms lasted four weeks.

For ten days following this, however, I felt great, better than I had in years. This positive response, I was told, was a sign that the disease was still active and that the drugs had done some good. Then it was downhill again, a return of pain, sleeplessness, fatigue, and all the rest. I decided, then, whatever happened, I would not undergo chemotherapy again."

At this point, Miss Vencious concluded that it was hopeless anyway so there was no reason why she should not go to Mexico and try Laetrile after all. Dr. Contreras told her that Hodgkins Disease was slower to respond to vitamin therapy than many other cancers such as those of the lung, pancreas, liver, or colon. But that it certainly was worth a try. After just the third day on Laetrile, however, she reported that her pain had gone completely and that within only a week she was feeling almost normal again. Within a few months she had recovered her health and was continuing a routine maintenance dose of vitamin B-17.

The issue of maintenance doses is important. Once a person has contracted cancer and recovered, apparently the need for vitamin B-17 is considerably greater than for those who have not. Most physicians who have used Laetrile in cancer therapy have learned through experience that their patients, once recovered, can reduce their dosage levels of Laetrile, but if they eliminate it altogether, it is almost a certain invitation to a return of the cancer. It's for this reason, that physicians using Laetrile never say that it cures cancer. They prefer the more accurate word Control, implying a continuing process.


This fact was illustrated most dramatically and tragically in the case of Margaret DeGrio, wife of a County Supervisor in Sierra County, California. After undergoing surgery twice, and with her cancer continuing to spread, she was told by three physicians that her case was hopeless and that there was nothing further that modern medical science could do. But Mike DeGrio had read about Laetrile and decided to take his wife to Mexico for treatment. It was the same old story: She began to improve immediately and, after four months of intensive treatment, she returned to her Northern California home with only minor symptoms of the original cancer. The rapid disappearance of her tumors was confirmed by her American doctor, although he could not explain why it happened.

Shortly afterward, however, Mrs. DeGrio contracted a serious respiratory infection and was hospitalized in San Francisco for Pneumonia. While she was there for over three weeks, her physician and the hospital staff refused to allow her the maintenance dose of Laetrile because they feared it might be against the California anti-quackery law. The denial of this dose came at a critical time in the recovery and healing stage. Mrs. DeGrio succumbed to cancer shortly after that.


In 1972, Dr. Dale Danner, a podiatrist from Santa Paula, California, developed a pain in the right leg and a severe cough. X-rays revealed carcinoma of both lungs and what appeared to be massive secondary tumors in the leg. The cancer was inoperable and resistant to radio therapy. The prognosis was: incurable and fatal.

At the insistence of his mother, Dr. Danner agreed to try Laetrile, although he had no faith in its effectiveness. Primarily, just to please her, he obtained a large supply in Mexico. But he was convinced from what he had read in medical journals that it was nothing but quackery and a fraud. "Perhaps it was even dangerous," he thought, for he noticed from the literature that it contained cyanide.

Within a few weeks the pain and the coughing had progressed to the point where no amount of medication could hold it back. Forced to crawl on his hands and knees, and unable to sleep for three days and nights, he became despondent and desperate. Groggy from the lack of sleep, from the drugs, and from the pain, finally he turned to his supply of Laetrile. Giving himself one more massive dose of medication, hoping to bring on sleep, he proceeded to administer the Laetrile into an artery. Before losing consciousness, Dr. Danner had succeeded in taking at least an entire ten-day supply -- and possibly as high as a twenty day supply -- all at once.

When he awoke thirty six hours later, much to his amazement, not only was he still alive, but also the cough and pain were greatly reduced. His appetite had returned, and he was feeling better than he had in months. Reluctantly he had to admit that Laetrile was working. So he obtained an additional supply and began routine treatment with smaller doses. Three months later he was back at work.


In the fall of 1975, William Sykes of Tampa, Florida, developed Lymphocytic Leukemia plus cancer of the spleen and liver. After removal of the spleen, he was told by his doctors that he had, at best, a few more months to live.

Although Chemotherapy was recommended -- not as a cure but merely to try to delay death a few more weeks -- Mr. Sykes chose Laetrile instead. In his own words, this is what happened:

"When we saw the doctor a few weeks later, he explained how and why Laetrile was helping many cancer patients, and suggested I have intravenous shots of 30 cc's of Laetrile daily for the next three weeks. He also gave me enzymes and a diet to follow along with food supplements.

In a few days I was feeling better, but on our third visit the doctor said that he could no longer treat me. He had been told that his license would be revoked if he continued to use Laetrile. He showed my wife how to administer the Laetrile, sold us what he had, and gave us an address where more could be obtained.

The next week I continued on the program and was feeling better each day. One afternoon the doctor from Ann Arbor called to ask why I had not returned for the chemotherapy. He said I was Playing "Russian Roulette" with my life. He finally persuaded me to return for chemotherapy, so I went to Ann Arbor and started the treatments. Each day I felt worse. My eyes burned, my stomach felt like it was on fire. In just a few days I was so weak I could hardly get out of bed. The "cure" was killing me faster than the disease! I couldn't take it any longer, so I stopped the chemotherapy, returned to my supply of Laetrile and food supplements, and quickly started feeling better. It took longer this time as I was fighting the effects of the chemotherapy as well as the cancer.

In a short time I could again do all my push-ups and exercises without tiring. Now, at 75 years of age [20 years after they said I had only a few more months to live], I still play racket ball twice a week."

In a letter to the author, dated June 19, 1996, Mrs. Hazel Sykes provides this additional insight:

"After Bill had conquered cancer, a doctor came to him one day. (This was an M.D. who gave chemotherapy in a well known hospital.) He wanted to know how Bill had conquered his cancer because his wife was quite ill with cancer. Bill said: "Why don't you give her chemotherapy?". His answer was: "I would never give chemotherapy to any of my friends or family."! He was not the only doctor who came to Bill with the same question."


The following letter from Bud Robinson in Phoenix, Arizona, needs no further comment. It was sent to Dr. Ernest Krebs Jr.

Dear Dr. Krebs,
Thank you for giving me another birthday (May 17). Please, again, remember November 15, 1979, when my doctor and four other urologists gave me a maximum of four months to live with my prostate cancer, and they set up appointments for radiation and chemotherapy, which I knew would kill me if the cancer didn't, and refused their treatment.

Then on a Sunday afternoon I contacted you by telephone and went with your simple program.

I am 71 years old and am on my 13th year [of survival]. Three of the four urologists have died with prostate cancer, and forty or fifty people are alive today, and doing well, because they followed my "Krebs" simple program.

Thanks again for giving me back my life.

Your friend,H.M. "Bud" Robinson "

 This letter was written in 1992. When the author contacted him in June of 1996, Mr. Robinson was still going strong. His age at that time was 75, not 71, and the number of cancer patients he had helped to recover was up to 90.

The use of Amygdalin in the treatment of cancer is not new. The earliest recorded case was published in 1845 in the Paris Medical Gazzette. A young cancer patient was given 46,000 milligrams of Amygdalin over a period of several months in 1842 and, reportedly, was still living at the time of the article three years later. A woman with extensive cancer throughout her body received varying amounts of amygdalin starting in 1834 and was still surviving at the time of the report eleven years later.

Since the publication of this report, there have been literally thousands of similar case histories reported and documented. It is important to know that because, as demonstrated previously, spokesmen for orthodox medicine have stated authoritatively that there simply is no evidence that Laetrile works. The truth is that the evidence is everywhere.

When confronted with this evidence, some doctors, because of their professional bias against nutritional medicine, seek alternative explanations. Their favorite is that the cancer had a delayed response to previous treatment. But such cases are rare. With certain cancer locations -- such as testicular chorionepithelioma, for example -- they are so rare as to defy statistical analysis. And when one comes up with a series of such cases, all of which involve proven cancers, and all of which have responded to B17, it is beyond reason to speak of spontaneous regressions.

In a banquet speech in San Francisco on November 19, 1967, Dr. Krebs reviewed six such cases. then he added:

"Now there is an advantage in not having had prior radiation, because if you have not received prior radiation that has failed, then you cannot enjoy the imagined benefits of the delayed effects of prior radiation. So this boy falls into the category of "spontaneous regression...."

And when we look at this scientifically, we know that spontaneous regression occurs in fewer than one in 150,000 cases of cancer. The statistical possibilities of spontaneous regression accounting for the complete resolution of six successive cases of testicular chorionepithelioma is far greater than the improbability of the sun not rising tomorrow morning.

With the passage of each year and the presence of a growing steam of patients who are living proof of their claim, it becomes increasingly difficult to ignore or dismiss these recoveries. If they are spontaneous remissions, then, indeed, it must be said in all fairness that Laetrile produces far more spontaneous remissions than all other forms of therapy put together.