Cerebral Palsy as vaccine Injury


 Cortical blindness, cerebral palsy, epilepsy and recurring otitis media: A
case study in chiropractic management.    Amalu WC,   Today's Chiropractic
May/June 1998 pp.16-25


      A 5-year-old boy with recurring middle-ear infections at one-month
intervals, cortical blindness, cerebral palsy, epilepsy and severe brain
damage, secondary to possible aborted crib death or viral encephalitis. His
mother reported he had been a very healthy child. "Two days following a
well-child checkup with an inoculation," became "colicky" and developed a
mild upper respiratory infection with fever. After putting him to sleep, he
became cyanotic, gasping for air and nonresponsive. In the emergency room,
he was cyanotic, in shock and unresponsive. Child remained on Phenobarbital
for over 1 years then placed on Dilanton. Multiple specialists said he
would never walk, speak, regain his vision or progress in school. At the
time of his first chiropractic visit, he was having 30 grand mal and
complex seizures a day and otitis media once per month. "Upon presentation,
the patient was non-ambulatory, uncommunicative and non-responsive with a
constant loud vocal drone and almost constant writhing torsocephalic
motions. His gross motor coordination included reaching out with his hands
and rolling over onto all fours."


Chiropractic Management:   "Correction of the atlanto-occipital subluxation
was chosen as the first to be adjusted." Knee-chest posture adjustment on
posterior arch of atlas. After the first adjustment, the mother noted that
he had his first good-night sleep in weeks. After the 2nd adjustment
seizures reduced to only 10 a day, vocal drone became a quiet intermittent
moan and he began to clap his hands. During the next week patient had
become more alert, sitting up and looking around, responded to sounds,
seizures decreased to 5 per day. Pupillary reflexes returned to normal,
almost all writhing motions had ceased, ears were clear of effusion.


By the 3rd week seizures were 5 per day grand mal seizures had stopped. He
was sleeping through the nights. For the first time in his life he
vocalized "dada" and began vowel sounds. Overall, spasticity had deceased
in all extremities. He began showing find motor skills. He had his first
month free from otitis media in 9 months. By end of fifth week was seen by
an ophthalmologist who noted a drastic improvement with recovery of central
field vision. Seizures reduced to 3 per day. Saying more words and improved
fine motor coordination.


By the 7-12 weeks, seizures reduced to staring spells which saying his name
brought him out of. Over the next 10 months improvement continued. All
epileptic medication was removed and neurologist declared him
non-epileptic. He remained free from ear infections. His vision improved to
the point where he was prescribed glasses. Vocabulary continued to
increase. He was learning to feed himself and was potty training. He was
able to walk slowly with the assistance.


Comment (tk):   This appears to be a vaccine related injury, especially
since cerebral edema is a sign of vaccine damage. Also encephalopthy has
been noticed in the medical literature as a possible reaction to the DTP
inoculation. Upon discussion with the author of this paper it was learned
that the medical personnel did not tell the parents their child was
possibly vaccine injured.


Cerebral Palsy & vaccination

"I have been on the staff of the New Jersey State Department of Health, and
was in complete charge of the Monmouth County Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Center. For the past three years I have been director of the Homestead
Rehabilitation Institute (and still am as of this writing). My experiences
have enabled me to observe from within the workings of official medicine.
At first I could not believe what I saw...Were the truth concerning medical
treatment and so-called prevention ever to leak out, the stench of it would
obliterate the public confidence in the medical profession and put an end
to the fantastic drug profits."---Dr. Milton Fried, D.C., 1956 (Poisoned
Needle by McBean p192)

Mercury was responsible for the first known epidemic of cerebral palsy from
a toxin, when it was dumped into Minamata Bay in Japan in the 1950's by a
vinyl plastics factory (Textbook of Pediatrics 1996 WB Saunders).

Infantile encephalitis - inflammation of the brain in children following
infections,injury,etc.,and causing the cerebral palsies of children.

"Even when an injury occurs soon after a vaccination, this may not
immediately be noticeable. This applies generally to injuries of the
developing nervous system, regardless of the cause. Such neurological
syndromes as cerebral palsy and developmental language disorder may come to
light months or years after the brain damage was inflicted. The effects of
severe injury may take years to show up, for example as learning and
attention problems."--Marcel Kinsbourne, M.D.

The motor deficits of cerebral palsy are usually unrecognizable before 4-6
months of age.

Robin's story http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/9352/vaccine.htm

Childhood epileptic seizures and cerebral palsy induced by hepatitis B
vaccines: Case report

[Media UK, 2000] The forgotten vaccine victims (Gregg Draper, Paul Wain and
Melissa Price)
[Media UK, April 1998, MMR--cerebral palsy & paralysis] New pay-out hope
for tragic Alison, 25 (Alison Bryant)
This response submitted by SJ in California on 10/13/98.
Email Address:

Kaiser Hospital in California administered something called a HDPT vaccine
to my daughter at her 3rd month. Until then she was a perfectly healthy,
stunningly beautiful and a fast developing child. At month 6, we started
seeing mild seizures. At month 8, she was diagnosed with epilepsy and
thereafter Cererbral Palsy. Her MRIs show a malformed and/or atrophied
middle cerebral artery and consequent death of surrounding brain tissue.
Interestingly, from age 1.5 yrs up until recently (she is now 3.5 yrs) she
also showed several unexplained symptoms such as asthma/pluerisy and
rickets like inflammation of joints, indicative of some sort of transient
auto-immunue response. These symptoms have since subsided...
Am I looking at a vaccine induced scenario here ?



This is from Tammy who is on one of my other lists and been in my classes

HEP B Vax damage

Subject:   Spastic quadriparetic cerebral palsy with microcephaly, cortical
blindness, marked dysphasia
From:   Tammy      | All Tammy's Messages |
Date:   12/29/2003 12:00:21 AM   ( 15 mon ago ) ... viewed 177 times since
Feb 20 2005 

Jonathan's story
From: Tammy Carrington

My husband and I live in East Texas in a town called Diboll (about 125
miles NE of Houston). My husband works for the Texas Forest Service and has
been there for 23-24 years. I owned my own medical transcription business
until my son became sick and I had to shut it down in order to care for my

When we married we decided that we would wait 2 years before starting our
family. When I found out I was pregnant after 2 years of marriage we were
so excited and began reading everything about pregnancy. I read everything
I could lay my hands on regarding healthy eating, nutrition, and giving the
baby the best start in life that I possibly could. I gave up all chemicals
in foods, aspartame and saccharin, caffeine, etc. so that the baby would be
getting only the best source of nutrition. I read everything I could about
each stage of pregnancy and I exercised each day. I felt great and my blood
work was the best they had seen in a pregnancy in a long time. I then
researched methods of delivery and after participating in several classes
and reading a bunch of books, I decided that the best would be for me to go
through labor and delivery naturally. My husband and I had a private tutor
who instructed us on the Bradley Method of childbirth which taught you how
to breathe and focus. I didn't want the epidural drugs in my son's
bloodstream and thought it would probably be uncomfortable for me but it
would be better for him. I had absolutely no complications during my

When the day finally arrived that my water spontaneously ruptured at 41
weeks my experience with labor began. I went through 19 hours of labor and
the last couple of hours were the most intense since they had to initiate
Pitocin. Finally at 8:19 PM on 07/31/97 my little son arrived into this
world weighing 9 lbs and 7.6 oz. He was 21 inches long and let out a robust
cry. There were no complications during labor or delivery. He started to
breastfeed within 10 minutes of birth and was 9/9 on the APGAR scale.

I researched and read everything I could lay my hands on while I was
pregnant so that I could make informed choices. The one thing that I was
never told about was the hepatitis B vaccine that my son would be given in
the hospital just before going home. If I had the opportunity to research
this vaccine prior to him getting it, he would have never received it.

He was given the federally mandated hepatitis B vaccine when he was 3 days
old just before we left the hospital. Within 4 hours he began screaming at
the top of his lungs and we couldn't get him to stop. We called the
hospital nursery and they told us that he was probably just scared not
being in the environment that he had become accustomed to (with the sound
of incubators humming etc.). My little boy never slept and screamed a high
pitched blood curdling scream all his waking hours. He only slept for short
periods (10-15 minutes) at a time and never slept for more than 4 hours in
a 24 hour period. We took him to the pediatrician and we were told that it
was colic and he would out grow this. Since this was our first child, we
didn't know what was normal and what wasn't. We made many calls to the
hospital staff during those early hours. The pediatrician told us that this
was colic and that he would outgrow it by three months of age or so.

Jonathan continued screaming and we couldn't take him into public because
we couldn't control his screaming and certainly couldn't stop it once it
started. His screaming was so intense that his face would become blood red
and he had a look of "panic" on his face that I could do nothing to help.
He would wake up screaming even if he only slept for 10 minutes, in fact
his screaming would start before his eyes opened. He lost most of his baby
hair. He got his 2nd hep B shot when he was 2 months old and the screaming
continued. He was horribly constipated too and we ended up in the
pediatrician's office several times with this and they had to "stretch his

We thought we were going to go nuts with the continual screaming because we
spent all our days and nights trying to console him and make him feel
better to no avail. We had to hire some help so that we could get some
sleep, we were so exhausted.

When he was 4 months old he woke up after an unusually long sleep and I got
him out of bed to breastfeed him at about 9 am. I could not get him to
nurse. Every time I tried to nurse him, he started crying and rubbing his
little eye with his fist. He had always been a very good nurser and I
thought maybe he was teething and I gave him a little orajel on his gums.
This did not help his crying. I tried to give him a little taste of
Tylenol, sometimes a taste would distract his crying for a moment. This did
not do anything. I then called the pediatrician's office and requested that
we come in. I called about 9:30 am and said that we needed to come in "this
morning". I really thought it was an earache as I heard that most kids seem
to get them but I wanted him to be looked at. They told me to be there at
10:40 and the doctor would see Jonathan before lunch. While I was getting
Jonathan ready he threw up and was heaving. He had not eaten anything since
the night before. He became very pale. Our pediatrician was out of town and
we were seen by her partner (who had never laid eyes on my child). This
doctor actually saw Jonathan by 11:00 and did not like the way he looked.
He did some labs in his office which were all negative. He sent us to the
local hospital for blood cultures and a chest x-ray which were both
negative. He asked us to return at 2:00 and he had a gut instinct that he
wanted to do a lumbar puncture. He explained to us that in med school they
told him that if he ever thought LP for one second, then DO IT. He said
that he wanted to do it. The LP revealed 3 vials of bloody fluid, just like
a blood draw and he told us that this should look like water. He sent us
immediately to the hospital for a CT scan of the head. The radiologist read
the CT as a mass in the brain that had hemorrhaged. (Later determined to be
a ruptured aneurysm within the next week). He was rushed off to ICU and air
transportation was arranged while he was intubated. My baby was on death's
door in a matter of moments.

He was life flighted by helicopter to Shreveport, Louisiana (Schumpert
Medical Center) and he died in the helicopter and was resuscitated and
began having seizures. Once he got to the PICU he died two more times and
they resuscitated him. They worked on him for over an hour and his brain
went without oxygen for a total of approximately 30 minutes. He was on
total life support in a coma and was given no chance for survival through
the night. They did a lot of testing to try and find the source of the
bleed. He eventually had an arteriogram which showed the images of the
aneurysm. He survived and 10 days later his aneurysm ruptured a 2nd time.
They said that there was 3 times as much blood this time and they didn't
know how he survived the first bleed. They gave him less than 24 hours to
live this time and said that his brain was already herniating. We were
praying all the time and believing for miracles.

He survived and we found that there was only 1 doctor in the country who
could deal with our situation in a child so young. One doctor in Shreveport
(pediatric neurosurgeon) told us to just let Jonathan die and that it would
be wrong for us to do anything to save his life. He said, "He is damaged
goods, nothing but damaged goods and to do anything about it is
inappropriate". We were not going to sit back and let our child die once he
had already survived what he had. We then went to California where he was
going to have embolization of the aneurysm with interventional radiology.
Nine doctors were in there with my son and it was going to take 8 hours
(they had to do the procedure through an arteriogram in through a vein at
the groin, weaving a catheter up into the brain), but after only 2 hours
the main doctor doing the procedure came out and said, "well, we're done.
We can't explain it but the aneurysm is gone". We said that we could
explain it because we had been praying so hard. All the other doctors came
out scratching their heads saying that they couldn't explain it either.

My son had to have a shunt placed the very next day because his
intracranial pressure became too high. His shunt worked too good and caused
a bleed on the opposite side of his brain (subdural hematoma/effusion)
which had to be drained externally. He then had to have surgery to place
his G-tube because his stomach was anatomically behind his rib cage and
couldn't be placed endoscopically like most. He was diagnosed with cortical
blindness, severe reflux and high risk for aspiration pneumonia. He has
severe developmental delay, has a mixture of hypotonia and does have some
spasticity. He is 24 hour care for 2 people.

Jonathan was recently diagnosed with the following as well: spastic
quadriparetic cerebral palsy with microcephaly, cortical blindness, marked
dysphasia. He had global developmental delay secondary to hypoxic ischemic
encephalopathy as a result of spontaneous rupture of a left MCA aneurysm.
Intractable, symptomatic mixed seizure disorder secondary to rupture of
left MCA aneurysm. He appears to have infantile spasms, partial seizures,
myoclonic seizures, generalized tonic seizures. These are improved on the
ketogenic diet.

We saw a physician in Houston who specialized in Hepatitis B adverse
reactions and he did a battery of tests. His name is Andrew Campbell, MD.
He told us that Jonathan definitely did have an adverse reaction to the hep
B vaccine. We had a SPECT scan by Richard Neubauer, MD in Ft.
Lauderdale who also stated that Jonathan had toxic anoxic encephalopathy
directly related to the hepatitis B vaccine and this was not the first time
he had seen it and unfortunately would not be the last time he would see
it. We were also told that Jonathan's intracranial pressure was so intense
for such a long period of time from his prolonged horrific screaming that
the vessel couldn't handle the pressure and ruptured. I was told that brain
vessels are the thinnest vessels and are not built to withstand intense and
prolonged pressure.

My son is now 29 months old. He was in the hospital for a total of just
over 4 months before we were able to bring him home. Hospital dates were
12/11/97 through 04/08/98. We initially went to Shreveport then we were
transferred to San Francisco and then back to Shreveport before coming
home. We never returned home during that entire hospital course. We
remained at Jonathan's side.

My son requires 24 hour nursing care which is provided by myself (as I had
to quit my career), my husband (who has to work to support us), and a nurse
who is paid by our insurance company. She is here 6 hours a day 5 days a
week. We have no help on the weekends at all. We have no family close by
and our church family has stood behind us.

Jonathan has a compromised immune system and cannot be around other kids or
anyone that is sick. We are basically homebound. He was having 100-200 or
more seizures a day, every day. We started the ketogenic diet for seizures
and changed his medications and he now is having 30 or so a day now. He is
g-tube fed every three hours and because of his reflux he must be held
upright during feeding and for 1 hour afterward to prevent aspiration. With
the ketogenic diet, because it is compromised of 90 percent fat, if it were
to get into his lungs, he was be in great trouble. He has medications that
must be given throughout the day and must be crushed and put into a
syringe, then into his feeding tube. He cries a lot and requires full
attention because of his gagging. He stays very constipated and the
ketogenic diet makes this worse. He gets enough Milk of Magnesia every day
to move an adult, and sometimes this doesn't help him. We end up having to
use BabyLax and Baby Fleets enemas. We must monitor his ketones, seizures,
urine output, and stool to ensure that everything is in balance. He still
does not sleep just a whole lot.
He goes to bed around 3 am each "night" and sleeps until somewhere between
7 and 10 am. He will usually take a 1 hour nap during the day and a 30
minute nap in the evening. Someone must be with him, holding him, consoling
him, feeding him, caring for him during all his waking hours. That would be
myself and his father. He must also sleep in an incline position on a
reflux wedge in his crib.

Recently he has been sick with the virus that has been going around. He
needed breathing treatments every 3 hours around the clock. He literally
did not shut his eyes for 4 days and 4 nights. He had fever that lasted for
7 days. We were bathing him with a cool cloth, he had no clothes on except
his diaper and we were monitoring his temperature to make sure that it
didn't continue to rise. My husband ended up sick and I had to be the nurse
around the clock.

We have tried to receive some type of assistance to help us with nursing
care. We have been denied everything except the Early Childhood
Intervention which doesn't provide nursing care, it provides therapy at
home. We applied for SSI, Medicaid (twice), MDCP (on a waiting list with a
3-5 year wait), CLASS (not in our area yet, but on the waiting list for
when it does come here), CIDC, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, CCP, Burke Center
(local agency), Medically Needy Program, United CP Foundation, all of our
state and local legislators all to no avail. My husband makes about 75.00 a
day and that seems to be too much for us to qualify for any program. My
husband is supporting a family of 3 and trying to stretch the money to pay
for all the extras that insurance doesn't pay for. We desperately need some
help with nursing care. If my son were on Medicaid, he would be receiving
16 hours a day of care, 7 days a week. That would change our lives and help
us to give Jonathan better care. We do all that we physically can, but when
we get sick from getting no sleep, not eating right, and not taking care of
ourselves...what will happen to Jonathan? We don't want to get to that point.

My son was injured by the hepatitis B vaccination and it was federally
mandated. Where is the government now that we need help in dealing with the
repercussions? We were told that if we would just get a divorce we would
qualify in a second. We are Christian people and in this type of stressful
situation, it is hard enough to keep your marriage and family together
without the government encouraging you to divorce. We were also told that
if Fred would just quit his job we would qualify. It is true that if he
quit we would qualify but he is an honorable man and is working to pay our
bills. He makes less in a day's work than our nurse is paid for working 6
hours here. We cannot afford to pay for what my son needs on my husband's
salary and we make too much to qualify for any assistance. We are the
working class that seem to slip through the cracks.

We are desperately looking for solutions and options. We are not hopeless.
I believe that there is a difference. We have a case pending with the
Vaccine Injury Compensation Program and I understand that it will take
years before that is finished. I am sure that I have left out many programs
that I have called and others that we have applied for but we have not
found our answer yet.

I tried to include everything that I could remember, but these days my
memory isn't what it used to be. Please feel free to e-mail me at

Sincerely, Tammy Carrington

New pay-out hope for tragic Alison, 25

Western Daily Press 30/04/1998 http://www.thisismidsomerset.co.uk/

A HIGH Court judge has given cerebral palsy victim Alison Bryant her first
glimmer of hope in a 19-year battle for compensation from the Government.

Mr Justice Sullivan has granted permission for Alison, aged 25, of
Bridgwater, to seek a judicial review for the handicap her mother, Pamela,
claims was caused by an anti-measles vaccine.

Alison fell into a coma when she was just 15-months old, 35 days after the
jab and Pamela was told her daughter was suffering from a prolonged fit.
The coma lasted 14 days and left Alison with cerebral palsy and paralysis
of both her arms and legs.

Pamela believes the measles jab caused the damage and in a bid to win
compensation for her daughter she has taken the Department of Health to the
Vaccine Damage Tribunal three times, in 1979, 1994 and in September last
year. She lost each time.

Now Mr Justice Sullivan has granted her the right to seek a judicial review
of the case.