[These are some they admitted to. The smallpox vaccine could be called a disaster of some magnitude, just by itself, not to mention the mostly vaccine disease called Spanish Flu, and the infamous Swine flu vaccine.]
See: Vaccination mistakes Withdrawn vaccines Hot lots Contaminants Vaccine production/manufacturing Vaccine storage
[Media 1998] "133 Children Contract Tuberculosis in Southern Kazakhstan (from vaccine)"
1."In 1919, at Dallas, Texas, U.S.A., ten children were killed and sixty others made seriously ill by toxin-antitoxin which had passed the tests of the New York State Health Department. The Mulford Company, at Philadelphia, the manufacturers, paid damages in every case.
2. In 1924, twenty-five children in Bridgewater and twenty in Concord, U.S.A., were poisoned by toxin-antitoxin. Many had high fevers, and their arms turned black and swelled to two or three times their normal size.
3. In 1924 (September) of 40 children immunised with toxin-antitoxin in a home for infants at Baden, near Vienna, six died and a number suffered from skin necroses of various sizes at the site of the injection.....
4. In 1928, the Lancet of February 4th (p. 249), refers to "a more recent Russian disaster " (Bull. Hygiene, August 1927, p. 667) in which " 14 children received toxin in place of anatoxin (i.e., toxoid); eight of them died within two weeks, four of polyneuritis within a month and two recovered after symptoms of general intoxication."
5. In 1927 also there were five deaths in immunised children in China, thirty-seven others being made seriously ill.
6. In 1928, at Bundaberg, Australia, twelve children out of seventeen who were inoculated with toxin-antitoxin died, the five others being critically ill for some time. The material had been issued and declared safe by the Public Health Department of Queensland.....
7. In 1930, at Medellin, Columbia, South America, forty-eight children were inoculated, with the result that many were taken ill during the same night, one died the following afternoon, fourteen others within sixty hours and two more within six weeksa total of sixteen deaths. ......
8. In 1932, at Charolles, in France, 172 children were immunised with anatoxin (toxoid). All were taken ill soon afterwards, developing local abscesses with abundant suppuration, necessitating surgical intervention in several cases. In one case the child died. The parents of the children demanded an official enquiry, but no explanation of the tragedy has so far been forthcoming.........
9. In the province of Chiavari over 80 inoculated children were gravely affected, some being paralysed in arms and legs, others having their sight injured. One child died. In Venice and Rovigo severe symptoms, including paralysis, supervened and death occurred in ten cases."--Beddow Bayley (1939 Book: The Schick Inoculation Against Diphtheria)
St Louis, Mo, 1901
"In Oct 1901, 20 children became ill with tetanus and 14 died after injection with diptheria antiserum." p63
"In April 1933, several hundred infants and children in the provinces of Rovigo and Venezia became severly ill after injection with what was believed to be an anatoxin. Over 30..died."
On sept 10th...children were given 2000 units of diptheria antitoxin
Kyoto, Japan, 1948
"A toxic batch of alum-precipitated toxoid (APT) was responsible for illness in over 600 infants and children and for no fewer than 68 deaths." p38
The Lubeck disaster, 1930
"Between 10 December 1929 and 30 April 1930, 251 of 412 infants born in the old Hanseatic town of Lubeck received three doses of BCG vaccine by the mouth during the first ten days of life. Of these 251, 72 died of tuberculosis, most of them in two to five months and all but one before the end of the first year. In addition, 135 suffered from clinical tuberculosis but eventually recovered; and 44 became tuberculin-positive but remained well. "---Sir Graham Wilson (Hazards of Immunisation p66)
The Cutter incident, 1955 [
"On June 23rd, 1955 the American Public Health Service announced that there had been 149 confirmed cases of poliomyelitis among the vaccinated, with six deaths, and 149 cases among the contacts of children given the Salk vaccine, with six deaths."--M. BEDDOW BAYLY, M.R.C.S., L.R.C.P.
In 1954 Eddy was fifty-one years old. Born in a mining town in West Virginia,
she got a Ph.D. in 1927 from the University of Cincinnati and came to Washington
during the Great Depression to work at the Hygienic Laboratory, as she continued
to call it. Her job from then until she retired in 1973 was the safety testing
In 1954 the rush was on. Her lab had gotten samples of the inactivated polio vaccine to certify on a "due-yesterday" basis. "This was a product that had never been made before and they were going to use it right away,” she recalled. She and her staff worked around the clock. "We had eighteen monkeys. We inoculated these eighteen monkeys with each vaccine that came in. And we started getting paralyzed monkeys." She reported to her superiors that the lots were Cutter's, and sent pictures of the paralyzed monkeys along as well. "They were going to be injecting this thing into children."
William Sebrell, the director of the NIH, stopped by the animal house where they were working, not to thank her for blowing the whistle but to ask if she and her co-workers wanted their children immunized with the vaccine, as it was in short supply. "I thanked him but said that my children had escaped polio so far and that I preferred to wait until the testing program was over before having them immunized," said Eddy. "Everyone there turned down the offer."
She heard nothing more about her report and never got the photographs back. "They went ahead and released the vaccine anyway, a lot of it. The monkeys they just disregarded." [Book extract. The Health Century] Dr. Bernice E. Eddy, whose lab tests found that the Cutter vaccine had been improperly inactivated.
Typhoid vaccine: Colombia, S. Carolina, 1916
"In this incident a number of persons injected with a particular batch of typhoid vaccine suffered from unusually severe reactions caused by contamination of the vaccine with Staphylococcus aureus. Four of the cases, all in children under five years of age, proved fatal, and many of the others suffered from local abscess formation."---Sir Graham Wilson (Hazards of Immunisation p75)
Plague vaccine: The Mulkowal incident, 1902
"In this incident, whuch occured in India..19 persons injected with plague vaccine contracted tetanus 5-6 days later and all died withing 7-10 days of their injection."
Contamination of convalescent measles serum with staphylococci, 1948
"Olin and Lithander (1948) describe an incident in which 3 children injected intramuscularly at the same time with convalescent measles serum...became ill within 6-8 hrs...two died 14-18 hours after the injection."